Why Bamboo Pajamas Are Ideal for Better Sleep
Unfortunately, we have all been there - tossing and turning in the middle of the night, flipping our pillows, kicking off and then re-grabbing our blankets. Some nights it feels that you will never get comfortable. The constant discomfort interrupts our sleep and can leave us feeling even more fatigued come morning.
You have probably tried every tea and tactic to get more sleep. You have opted out of your midday macchiatos and religiously worn your blue-light-blocking glasses. But the real culprit behind your insomnia may be lurking elsewhere. If you find yourself waking up doused in sweat in the middle of the night, you may be experiencing night sweats. Studies have shown that spikes in core body temperatures can affect not only the quality but also the quantity of sleep you are getting.
Understanding Night Sweats
Night sweats are more complex than having too many blankets or a broken air conditioner. Sleep Foundation explains that night sweats are when your body is sweating beyond what it needs to regulate your body temperature. People experiencing night sweats often wake up completely drenched in sweat which can be uncomfortable not only for you but also if you are sharing your sheets with a partner. Night sweats are often caused by an underlying health condition. Some common causes of night sweats include:
- Excessive caffeine intake
- Alcohol or drug use
- Certain medications
- Elevated blood sugar
- Thyroid disorders
- Abnormal hormone levels
- Hypothalamic dysfunction
- Tumors on the adrenal gland
- Pregnancy or post-partum
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Cancer treatments
Night sweats are also more common than you think. Studies show that 41% of people have experienced night sweating. If you find that night sweats are keeping you from a quality night of restful sleep, Sleep Foundation recommends lowering the temperature of your bedroom, limiting caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods, staying hydrated, utilizing relaxation techniques, and wearing breathable clothing such as bamboo pajamas. Bamboo pajamas will help you stay cool and dry all-year round. Read on to learn more…
Benefits of Bamboo Pajamas
To nick night sweats, it is important to have the right gear. Having a trusted set of bamboo pajamas in your arsenal can be the best defense against night sweats, but the benefits of bamboo do not stop there!
- Bamboo is breathable: Bamboo is known for being a highly breathable fabric. The microscopic gaps in bamboo pajamas promote airflow throughout the night and keep you at an ideal temperature. This temperature regulation can prevent night sweating and disrupted sleep.
- Bamboo is a soft, comfortable material: They say you should invest in two things, your shoes and your bedding because if you are not in one then you are in the other. We believe pajamas fall under that category as well. Comfort is key! Bamboo is a very soft material which makes it perfect for pajamas. Crescentt’s bamboo pajamas combine cozy with cute. Sporting chic sets with pockets, drawstrings, and buttons to fit your personal style, you will never have to compromise luxury for looks again!
- Bamboo is hygienic: Bamboo has antimicrobial properties. Therefore, the material is resistant to bacteria, mildew, and mold. Bamboo pajamas can prevent you from sweating while simultaneously wicking away any moisture that can lead to odor. It is like slipping into freshly washed sheets each and every night.
- Bamboo fabric is easy to maintain: Unlike difficult fabrics such as silk and wool that require special detergents and washing regimes, bamboo fabric is resilient. Bamboo pajamas can be tossed into your regular laundry load. You can kiss goodbye that sinking feeling of pulling your favorite, now-shrunken top out of the dryer! Bamboo pajamas grant you peace of mind in the bedroom and the laundry room.
- Bamboo is hypoallergenic: Those of us with sensitive skin are all too familiar with that burning, itching, raw feeling caused by the wrong clothes. Irritated skin is guaranteed to wake you out of the sweetest dreams. Luckily, bamboo is hypoallergenic, meaning it does not contain materials that spur allergic reactions. Hypoallergenic materials are ideal for those with sensitive skin or even those simply looking to show their skin some extra TLC.
- Bamboo is an eco-friendly option: We are all trying to do our part to protect Mother Earth, and bamboo pajamas might be the most comfortable way to combat climate change. Other materials leave behind a hefty carbon footprint. When compared to other popular materials such as cotton, bamboo uses less water and fewer pesticides to grow. Bamboo is also a self-regenerating plant that requires less labor, materials, and time to regrow. Finally, bamboo linen is biodegradable so the thought of your favorite pajamas piling up in a landfill won’t be keeping you up at night either!
- Bamboo is durable and made to last: Bamboo is constructed of thicker, stronger fibers than other fabrics. This means that your pajamas will survive whatever wear and tear you put them through. It also means your wallet will be thanking you. Bamboo pajamas may cost a bit more than cotton alternatives, but they are guaranteed to last longer by far! Consider a quality pair of bamboo pajamas as an investment in yourself. Your boost in energy and improved mood from a quality night’s sleep will make them worth every penny!
We got you covered! At Crescentt, we offer the most premium and high-end Organic Bamboo Pajamas in the market. Our pajamas offer the above benefits and more. They are customized and unique to give you a perfectly snuggle and comfortable fit, with pockets and adjustable drawstring waistbands. They are flowy and loose so you will get plenty of air keeping you nice and cool whether you are lounging or sleeping in them. They also help you sleep like a dream, they are so soft, stretchy and comfortable. You won't be disappointed!