Improving your self esteem is something you may often think about doing, but are unsure of how to get started. This is a common thing that so many people should figure out and implement for themselves to live a better and more fulfilled life.
Don’t just think about doing it, or give others advice on how to do it; do it for you and you will see yourself in a whole new light. This can bring new meaning to the life that you live, and to the person that you will become.
Here are some of the top ways to boost your self esteem from today.
1. Give yourself a confidence boost by noticing and appreciating all the nice things about yourself. Stop degrading yourself with negative self-talk, and give yourself some credit when it comes to who you are and what you have been through to be where you are today.
2. Know that the negative feelings that you have are often not based in reality and can distort your view about yourself. Negative feelings can be changed and altered, and not dwelled on with the right frame of mind to help you live happier and more carefree and stress-free. All it takes is noticing when a negative thought pops up, observing it and rejecting it. You can make a habit to only think positive by simply doing this. It is all a matter of training your mind and shunning negative thoughts about yourself or your life.
3. If something bad has ever happened to you, then you want to make sure that you do not dwell on it longterm or put the blame on yourself. Learn to accept it and move on and let it not define you - who you are or how you're going to live your life. The past is gone and the present and future and in your hands to shape now.
4. Smile more. People who smile regularly feel better about themselves and have a better outlook on life. This was found in a research study that was conducted in 1989 and remains true today. Smiling is one of the best ways to boost confidence and it makes you more attractive to yourself and others! Simply by smiling you will feel more relaxed immediately and elevate your mood naturally and relieve stress.
5. Motivate yourself in healthy ways. For example, if you want to lose weight, do not sabotage yourself with your negative thinking before you even make any progress. Instead of thinking that you’re fat so you should work out, tell yourself it will make you feel better and you will get more health benefits from doing so. Never insult yourself or you will fail before you even begin!
Thinking in a positive way, about benefits of a certain behaviour, puts a positive twist on the changes that you want to make in your life, for yourself and helps you to feel more motivated to carry through.
6. Take some time every day to focus your energy on yourself and your self-improvement. Think about the things you love about yourself and how you could improve based on recent interactions with people. Keep a journal to record your thoughts and feelings and make goals for your progress to improve yourself. Write a list of ideal qualities you think a person could have. Make it a point to try to be that person. The law of attraction works wonders and you could very soon find yourself unconsciously shaping yourself into those ideal qualities. You will also attract such people in your life and could improve your social circle immensely.
7. Know that you are worth a lot! You are a human being with magnificent talents and capabilities. You can accomplish almost anything you put your mind to and that is very significant! Make goals to push yourself and work on your talents. Try to make yourself a valuable asset for others or for the world. Realise your potential by reflecting on what you really want and working through it.
8. Put yourself first if you don't do it enough. Do the right thing for yourself when you need to. If you have to choose between something better for someone else, or something better for yourself then you should choose yourself over others sometimes. As women, we are often too self-sacrificing and burn out as a result. This is detrmental to self-esteem.
9. Do something nice for the world and people around you. When you give back, and help the community around you, you can feel good about yourself too, as a result.
Making others feel good can make you feel good too.
While not everyone has very high self esteem, knowing that you’re a good person is a great start. Stop thinking lowly of yourself and be the best person you can be, for yourself and for the world.
The more self esteem you have, the better others will view you, as well, and you will accomplish more and attract better in your life.